Dr. Suresh Kumar
CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON
Qualifications and training:
Dr. Suresh Kumar J Hariharan
MBBS (Mangalore University, India), CMIA (NIOSH)
MS (Ortho) UKM
The Fractured Scaphoid
Life member of Malaysian Medical Association and Malaysian Osteoporosis Society
Graduated with MBBS degree from Mangalore University, Karnataka, India. Served in East Malaysia and in many major hospitals under Ministry of Health. Did his Master’s Degree from UKM under open system working in Ipoh later in Hospital Kuala Lumpur. Acquiring wide exposure to wide range of cases .
After completing Masters Degree in Orthopaedics Surgery, served as specialist in several major hospitals ie Alor Setar, Sungai Petani and Penang.
- Involved in planning paperless hospital for Hospital Sungai Petani Department of Orthopaedics with Ministry of Health planning unit.
- Involved in Health Technology assessment in conjunction with Ministry of Health.
- Participation in national organ donation initiative to harvest bone from cadavers.
- Honorary lecturer for Penang Medical College undergraduate medical students.
- Trained many junior doctors some of whom are now specialist.
In 2003, he was sent by Ministry of Health with promotion to Hospital Seri Manjung in Perak, to start Orthopaedic Services for the district of Manjung. There he remain Head of Orthopaedic Department till 2014. After a short stint of private practise in Manjung moved to Klang Valley to expand his service.